- This event has passed.
GEMS in Kelowna, BC with Holly Berezowski
January 19, 2019 @ 9:00 am - January 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm UTC-8
GEMS stands for Goal, Element, Mode, Stack. It offers an easy-to-follow flow chart that allows a student or practitioner to easily figure out where the priority stressors for an individual are and what balancing technique will work to resolve these efficiently. It is based on information from the TFH synthesis and is designed to allow a practitioner to flow easily from one modality to another, incorporating the entire body of knowledge available to the individual.
The aim of this class is to teach a system that will allow the student to use everything they know in the Specialized Kinesiology realm thus far and bring in additional aspects as they are learned, so that all information falls under the GEMS umbrella. It offers help and advice in areas such as: how to set up your office and attract clients, walking you through a typical session, taking money and rebooking, marketing and networking, practitioner ethics and scope of practice – in short, all the areas where practitioners feel stress about setting up their professional practice.
This can also be used as a bridging class for those interested in taking more in-depth Specialized Kinesiology classes, such as SIPS, LEAP, Brain Integration, etc. These classes assume that a student has knowledge of how to use finger-modes and scan sheets, work from an indicator muscle and properly stack information. None of these techniques are part of the TFH curriculum however, so often students are left feeling overwhelmed when they arrive in the classroom and instructors are left spending large amounts of class time explaining techniques that are not really part of their modality.
Each day can also be experienced as a separate class; GEMS Flow and GEMS Business. If you are only interested in attending one day, please let your Instructor know when you register.
Day One Morning:
Introductions and finding out what areas are of highest concern to the group.
– Review of goal setting and the difference between personal and ‘body agendas’
– Review of 5-element theory and additional aspects
– Teaching basic finger moding as a way of categorizing and inputting stress. History of finger and hand modes
– Teaching stacking with hips and jaw. History of stacking and why it works
– Introduction to the flowchart and scan sheets and how to use them.
Day One Afternoon:
– Answering any questions about scan sheets and demonstration
– Working in groups to practice the GEMS balance
– How to use this to incorporate other modalities
– Discussion of common business problems for health practitioners
– Room set up, office set up and how to write a business plan (as much as time allows)
Day Two Morning:
– Choosing a business name and generating marketing materials
– Website considerations and creating a successful one
– Money questions and legalities
– Setting yourself apart from others in your field – personal questions to help create vision for your business
Day Two Afternoon:
– Face-to-face networking and social media; going through social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and how to use them to promote yourself and build relationships
– Practitioner ethics
– Practice going through a client session beginning to end using GEMS balance, client forms, taking money, rebooking, etc.
– Answering any questions and making sure all group objectives have been covered